blox

markosjal

all messages by user

7/28/2018
Topic:
New install of Blox & FreeBlox. No Interfaces

markosjal
markosjal
after getting past the first network card problem with NO Network cards after installing freeblox RPM, which I backed up network ifcfg-eth0 and eth1 and restored after installing RPM.

I am now at the web GUI where I have no interfaces and after clicking refresh , it still does not show them

it seems like there is not really much help on these forums and really would prefer to spin my whells if I have this many problems from the start. It makes me wonder what problems I will keep finding as time goes on!
edited by markosjal on 7/29/2018
7/28/2018
Topic:
lost the interface card when install freeblox

markosjal
markosjal
This should Be considered a HIGH PRIORITY DEBILITATING BUG! It has been happening at least since May and no fix in sight?

It has now happened on 2 installs not a fluke and there is NO WAY to get interfaces to come back

Why is the GUI not preinstalled on the ISO anyway?

This way we can waste more time on a product that does not work ?
edited by markosjal on 7/28/2018
7/29/2018
Topic:
SIP Profiles for UDP and TCP on the same port

markosjal
markosjal
Then maybe it would be better to give us a complete anser , not promote the problematic GUI and provide us some information as to how to do that?

Technically you did answer the question but the answer is incomplete, and you should have elaborated to say how to do this.
edited by markosjal on 7/29/2018
8/2/2018
Topic:
[Solved] Trouble with networks installing Blox

markosjal
markosjal
I did multiple installs of Blox and for the life of me had multiple issues related to network. I came to these forums and saw many posts about these two separate issues but the one answer in the GUI was never very clear. The one about copying the ethernet config I found on a post here somewhere. This may help someone get through those same issues.

First install the ISO and ONLY the ISO

After installing ISO, and before installing FreeBloxGUI RPM , issue the following command to make a backup of network

cp /etc/sysconfig/networkscripts/ifcfg-eth* /root

Now install the FreerBlox GUI RPM

If you have lost network connections as I did after installing the FreeBlox GUI RPM as happened to me on multiple installs then issue the following command to restore your previously saved files:

cp /root/ifcfg-eth* /etc/sysconfig/networkscripts

then reboot with

reboot

After reboot you will (hopefully) have network connectivity again just as you configured it when ISO was installed.

Now in the GUI... BE WARNED where you need to "refresh" the network connections is on the MAIN PAGE when you log in, do not go to networks in upper left. The refresh button is located MAIN PAGE under the word Dashboard in a box that says Networks there is the correct button to refresh the networks! IT IS NOT THE "NETWORKS" LINK AT UPPER LEFT OF SCREEN, and it is not the refresh icon at upper right of screen.

Once your network connections show up you can continue on with configuration of network connections under "networks" link at upper left corner of screen.

Mark
edited by markosjal on 8/2/2018
8/2/2018
Topic:
SIP Profiles for UDP and TCP on the same port

markosjal
markosjal
bloxsupport1 wrote:
@morkosjal: you should read the freeblox GUI license, it is freeware. if you have problem, you post it and get it fixed our support team will co-ordinate.
Now Freeblox freeware license will have limitation, you need to buy license version and you want anything to customize you need pay for it.

Let me start by saying that this product has a lot of potential but I must make the comment that these kinds of non-answers or incomplete answers will not help to make it popular. I do not mean to sound critical but it is almost as if nobody answering really knows .

If you stimulate this forum with information then it grows. If you keep telling people "its freeware... upgrade to paid" and showing the price nowhere and not saying if the paid version has a feature , it is not going to help popularize this product.

You say it "is a limitation of the GUI" , but you do not say what nor where to edit to fix it in text mode. Would it then be overwritten by the FreeBlox GUI later? It would be far better to post this answer one time making it available to all who come here. rather than making me feel I am doing work that feels akin to extracting a tooth from your head to get no answer, and no "coordination". If the answer were posted here once it would simplify things.This user did ask the question and no viable answer is here.

Maybe you should answer whether:
a) does the paid version have this feature
b) what needs to be edited outside of the GUI to make this happen, and what are the ramifications of doing so? Will the GUI then overwite it later?

If there was an answer diectly to the OP , maybe that answer should be posted here too? WHy have a forum and so many un-answered questions? I understand user to user support too, but this is not a product that has been around for a long time from what I can tell and there are probably few "experts" outside of the devs.

chan_sip in asterisk (and others) uses common port for TCP and UDP , making this question very fundamental, and seemingly a huge oversight to not be in the GUI. In many cases it may be a determining factor whether this solution works for a user or not.

if there were documentation for text mode i could go there and configure it I suppose but I find no documentation for text mode

I would PAY for this product if the price were reasonable and if it works better than the freeware vesion but I am convinced of neither as of yet, nor do I see the price nor a feature comparison. I also do not see a comparison of features of free vs paid nor do I know that the product will do ALL that I need. If FreeBlox GUI can not do TCP and UDP on same port without editing text files then why would I pay for it when I NEED TCP & UDP on the same port? If you refer to buying it in one of your appliances that will probably not happen in my case as I need it on my data center server not a local rack. Blox itself appears to be open source so what you seem to be speaking of "paid version" is freeBlox Paid version but that is not really clear either.

Thanks

Mark
8/2/2018
Topic:
documentation for blox text mode?

markosjal
markosjal
Is there any documentation for configuring Blox in text mode with No GUI?

If so where can I find it?

If not , please be clear that thereis none.
8/2/2018
Topic:
FreeBlox Free vs Paid versions & pricing

markosjal
markosjal
Where can I find a comparison of Free vs Paid versions of FreeBlox?

Where is the pricing for the paid version that I so frequently see mentioned in replies?

Thanks,

Mark
8/2/2018
Topic:
Can I pass an http page through Blox?

markosjal
markosjal
I have PHP script that I wrotte that I want to be able to pass through blox as an web page, making this web page (and subsequent pages) publicly accessible from the asterisk server behind blox. Is this possible?

As the script integrates with asterisk , it must run on the asterisk server so I can not just move it elsewhere.

Thanks

Mark
8/2/2018
Topic:
Multi-tennant update?

markosjal
markosjal
In an older post here I see that a user asked aboput multi - tennant use . The answer to that thread was that it is coming in the next version. I see that was a few versions ago, so is multi-tennant now a reality in Blox?
8/6/2018
Topic:
Multi-tennant update?

markosjal
markosjal
I want to put blox on the public IP and put multiple PBX/SIPservers on the LAN side.

I would hope that I could resolve hstname1.com to PBX1 and maybe hostname2.com to PBX2

That would be the ultimate way . But as I still do not understand how to configure blox it seems not much is possible for me at the momet anyway
8/6/2018
Topic:
TCP and UDP On same port

markosjal
markosjal
I posted something similar in another thread and never saw an update. here Ipost it in its own thread.

Blox does not allow me to have TCP and UDP on the same port or at least with the GUI.

How can I get around this?

If I can not do this, there is little need to learn more about Blox nor even trying to configure it further as it will not work for me.
8/6/2018
Topic:
Multi-tennant update?

markosjal
markosjal
Thank you very much .