blox

Wayke91

all messages by user

4/6/2017
Topic:
FreeBlox character limit on SIP Registrar server

Wayke91
Wayke91
When adding a new trunk, I was unable to get the FQDN of the registrar in the SIP Registrar field, it seems there is a character limit on that field. I was able to use one of their IP Addresses as a work around.

I don't think I need any support on this issue really, but more of just notifying everyone of this. Thanks!
edited by Wayke91 on 4/6/2017
5/15/2017
Topic:
FreeBlox character limit on SIP Registrar server

Wayke91
Wayke91
I'm running 1.0.4-8.
5/18/2017
Topic:
hostname setup...

Wayke91
Wayke91
I just checked mine as I did not remember anything special about it. On the console, my hostname does return as expected. I did change it via GUI and it has stuck. Applying configuration changes for me only takes between 10-20 seconds. How are you getting your IP settings? Are they DHCP or static?
5/19/2017
Topic:
ITSP does not support OPTIONS or NOTIFY

Wayke91
Wayke91
When setting up a trunk with our ITSP Level 3, we are unable to make outbound calls due to them returning 405 Method Not Allowed on OPTIONS and NOTIFY. From the GUI, I saw no immediate way to turn this off, only change between them. From the packet capture, we see the Blox not attempt to send the INVITE after receiving the 405 from OPTIONS/NOTIFY.

Is there any way to disable this behavior?
6/21/2017
Topic:
Blox and Lync 2013/Skype for Business

Wayke91
Wayke91
Yes, I have it working with S4B. It is what I am using Blox for primarily.
edited by Wayke91 on 6/21/2017
7/11/2017
Topic:
Outgoing Caller ID

Wayke91
Wayke91
I feel like that problem is on the 3CX side as Blox just forwards it on as is from the system. Have you verified the Outbound Caller ID for your extension in 3CX?

Edit: Unless of course you are overriding on your trunk settings in Blox. I personally did not configure any pilots or DId on the Blox directly, I let the back end PBX handle all of that.
edited by Wayke91 on 7/11/2017
7/11/2017
Topic:
Outgoing Caller ID

Wayke91
Wayke91
In your trunk configuration on Blox, do you have anything in the Outbound Prefix/CID fields?
7/11/2017
Topic:
Outgoing Caller ID

Wayke91
Wayke91
Is the trunk you use to test Blox the same as the one you connect directly with 3CX when it works?
7/11/2017
Topic:
Outgoing Caller ID

Wayke91
Wayke91
If it is the same trunk when testing both systems, a packet capture should shed some light on the issue. It can at least be verified if Blox is changing the outbound Caller ID. Also, what version of Blox are you using?
8/2/2017
Topic:
call drop suddently

Wayke91
Wayke91
I had a similar issue. This thing for some reason really wants to do a keep alive and uses OPTIONS as a ping, even though most providers that I know of don't allow that. What I did was work around this by going to Signalling>General Settings and under NAT Settings, setting the Keepalive Interval to the maximum of 86400 - or 24 hours. Essentially if Blox doesn't see OPTIONS come through the call within this interval it will kill it, so unless someone is on a call for an entire day, this won't come up.
11/7/2017
Topic:
Calls drop after an hour

Wayke91
Wayke91
Hi all,

I've been having this problem for a while and have not yet been able to figure out what is going on. Calls are getting dropped at around the 1 hour mark, and it is every call so far. Any ideas?
11/15/2017
Topic:
Calls drop after an hour

Wayke91
Wayke91
Thank you for the follow-up. I've made a test call, and have sent the requested items to support@blox.org.
11/17/2017
Topic:
Calls drop after an hour

Wayke91
Wayke91
OK after working with support the results were to modify the dialog default timeout to a higher value. In my case I updated it to 28,800 seconds, or 8 hours.

The file to modify is /etc/blox/blox-modparam.cfg.m4

The line to modify:
modparam("dialog", "default_timeout", 3600)