cbbs70a

all messages by user

11/10/2016
Topic:
T38 fax completion and SBC's

cbbs70a
cbbs70a
All;
I have several Asterisk PBX's and I'm trying to increase my percentage of successful faxes. Several people have told me that their fax completion rate went way up when they added an SBC into the equation. For example, they used an ATA connected to an SBC instead of directly to Asterisk. So my question is this: What are other peoples experiences with faxing and SBC's? What can I do to bring my completion rate up?
Thanks;
FSD
11/15/2016
Topic:

cbbs70a
cbbs70a
varadhan wrote:
Hello,
Are you using G711 passthrough or T.38 ?
How many concurrent channels for Fax you require ?

Hello;
We are doing T.38 and right now we have a decent completion rate by using Level3 as our SIP trunking provider just for faxing. Faxing is very important to some of our customers. Typically there are less than 20 concurrent channels. For those customers who still want to use their fax machines, we found that AudioCodes ATA's are very good. A few customers do fax broadcasting and will take up every available channel possible. In one case, we built a fax server that did several hundred concurrent channels successfully, but that is the exception. What do you think?
Thanks;
FSD
11/18/2016
Topic:

cbbs70a
cbbs70a
cbbs70a wrote:
varadhan wrote:
Hello,
Are you using G711 passthrough or T.38 ?
How many concurrent channels for Fax you require ?

Hello;
We are doing T.38 and right now we have a decent completion rate by using Level3 as our SIP trunking provider just for faxing. Faxing is very important to some of our customers. Typically there are less than 20 concurrent channels. For those customers who still want to use their fax machines, we found that AudioCodes ATA's are very good. A few customers do fax broadcasting and will take up every available channel possible. In one case, we built a fax server that did several hundred concurrent channels successfully, but that is the exception. What do you think?
Thanks;
FSD

Hello;
Varadhan, so what do you think? Will using Blox help me with my fax completion rate?
Thanks;
FSD