Get help with installing and configuring Blox SBC

New install of Blox & FreeBlox. No Interfaces Messages in this topic - RSS

ausip
ausip

7/18/2018
ausip
ausip
Hi Team,

We have downloaded and installed the latest Blox ISO on a virtual machine on VMWare. Using a DHCP configured interface we downloaded FreeBlox and installed it as required.

The FreeBlox install deleted our ifcfg-ethX files taking the VM off the network. We manually configured an interface so that we could browse to the FreeBLOX gui, but within the GUI cannot see the interfaces, nor can we add new ones.

When trying to add an interface within the GUI, the DEVICE ID selection box has no entries.

I am at a loss. I have re-installed multiple times and tried numerous ways of having BLOX show the interfaces.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul
0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

7/19/2018
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
Can you login to the blox and run the below command and share the output

ip link

Regards
Blox Support Team
0 link
ausip
ausip

7/20/2018
ausip
ausip
Thanks for your response. Here is the command output as requested.

1: lo: [LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP] mtu 16436 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
2: eth0: [BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP] mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000
link/ether 00:0c:29:6a:23:91 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
3: eth1: [BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP] mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000
link/ether 00:0c:29:6a:23:9b brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
edited by ausip on 7/20/2018

0 link
varadhan
varadhan
Administrator

7/25/2018
varadhan
varadhan
Administrator
Once you assign ip manualy and logged in to GUI, go to dashboard and press 'refresh' button on the Network Interface, which should detect and add the interface to the system. Then you can go to network and configure the network in GUI.
0 link
markosjal
markosjal

7/28/2018
markosjal
markosjal
after getting past the first network card problem with NO Network cards after installing freeblox RPM, which I backed up network ifcfg-eth0 and eth1 and restored after installing RPM.

I am now at the web GUI where I have no interfaces and after clicking refresh , it still does not show them

it seems like there is not really much help on these forums and really would prefer to spin my whells if I have this many problems from the start. It makes me wonder what problems I will keep finding as time goes on!
edited by markosjal on 7/29/2018
0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

7/29/2018
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
if you lost the interface, you can assign ip manually (ifconfig) then go to dashboard, click on the "refresh" button on top of Network interface
0 link