HomeBLOX Support

Get help with installing and configuring Blox SBC

Blox ISO - Bootable or Broken? Messages in this topic - RSS

SP Steve
SP Steve

5/30/2018
SP Steve
SP Steve
Apologies for the stupid question, but is the current image 1.0.6-24 actually bootable. I am trying to boot it in a VMware instance and it is failing.
0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

5/30/2018
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
Hi,
It's Bootable, can you please download it once again and try to install.

Regards
Blox Support Team

SP Steve wrote:
Apologies for the stupid question, but is the current image 1.0.6-24 actually bootable. I am trying to boot it in a VMware instance and it is failing.
0 link
pleekit
pleekit

7/31/2018
pleekit
pleekit
Hi,
I have one of those J1900 with Quad LAN Qotom Q190G4-S02 and for the life of me I tried installing Blox from USB Stick and it for some reason is not detecting hardware. My network cards and usb ports stop working and I cannot continue to install.

Used Rufus 3.1 to move ISO image to usb stick.

Need the proper process to install via USB stick (must USB stick be greater than 8Gb to work).
0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

7/31/2018
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
Blox is based on CentOS 6.4, if ISO to USB doesnt work, you can try to burn it in CD this should definetely work
NOTE: try to follow steps how to install CentOS 6.4 ISO to USB
0 link
pleekit
pleekit

8/3/2018
pleekit
pleekit
Any plans on upgrading the Centos platform to 6.10 or even 7. I am still having difficulty in installing this iso on the J1900 box.
Does not have a CD-ROM hence the reason for using the USB.

As indicated it stalls after trying to initialize hardware and then a blue screen pops up and I lose access to my usb mouse/keyboard.

The screen indicates that it cannot find the kickstarter file ks.cfg
0 link
pleekit
pleekit

8/3/2018
pleekit
pleekit
Can I install CENTOS 7 and then install the BLOX RPMs manually to get around the issue with Centos 6.4 ?
0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

8/6/2018
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
Blox RPM is complied with CentOS 6.4 so most of the dep packages going to be different. Can you install it in VM and flash it to the disk ?
0 link
pleekit
pleekit

8/14/2018
pleekit
pleekit
bloxsupport1 wrote:
Blox RPM is complied with CentOS 6.4 so most of the dep packages going to be different. Can you install it in VM and flash it to the disk ?

Centos Version 6.4 does not recognize my hardware, I tried using a higher version Centos 6.10 (netinstall) and it recognizes my wireless keyboard mouse and even network cards.
0 link