HomeBLOX Support

Get help with installing and configuring Blox SBC

lost the interface card when install freeblox Messages in this topic - RSS

shwork
shwork

5/2/2018
shwork
shwork
i use the VMware ESXI 6.0 install the Blox-1.0.6-24-stable-x86_64.iso. And i go to #setup page go to setup the Ethernet card ip address.
i ping the blox and blox ping to my pc is ok.

after
install freeblox-1.0.6-24.x86_64.rpm. then reboot the system

i try ping the blow , show request timeout . and check the # ifconfig , only have the lo # Loopback 127.0.0.1
0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

5/2/2018
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
Hi,
Please assign the IP Address manually and access the GUI and Press "Refresh" button in Dashboard page.

Regards
Blox Support Team
0 link
ausip
ausip

7/18/2018
ausip
ausip
I am having the same issue. We assigned an IP address manually and connected to the GUI, pressed refresh in the Dashboard and no interfaces show up. We cannot add interfaces either, as in the Add interface options, there is nothing in the DeviceID menu.
0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

7/19/2018
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
ausip wrote:
I am having the same issue. We assigned an IP address manually and connected to the GUI, pressed refresh in the Dashboard and no interfaces show up. We cannot add interfaces either, as in the Add interface options, there is nothing in the DeviceID menu.

Can you login to the blox and run the following command and share the output

ip link
edited by bloxsupport1 on 7/19/2018
0 link
markosjal
markosjal

7/28/2018
markosjal
markosjal
This should Be considered a HIGH PRIORITY DEBILITATING BUG! It has been happening at least since May and no fix in sight?

It has now happened on 2 installs not a fluke and there is NO WAY to get interfaces to come back

Why is the GUI not preinstalled on the ISO anyway?

This way we can waste more time on a product that does not work ?
edited by markosjal on 7/28/2018
0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

7/29/2018
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
There is no such problem, if you are connected via ssh installing freeblox will break the installation. To avoid you can install freeblox rpm via console. Now if you lost the interface, you can assign ip manually and restore config backup or go to dashboard click on the "refresh" button on top of Network interface

Freeblox is of freeware license, you need to buy the license for commercial purpose.
if you have any problem using blox, you can contact us support@blox.org.
edited by bloxsupport1 on 8/2/2018
0 link
Rapetou
Rapetou

10/18/2018
Rapetou
Rapetou
Well.... I'm having the same issue here....

Fresh install in VMWare ESXi R6.7. Installed Blox SBC following the installation guide step by step.
I was able to ssh, ping and consol in the virtual machine.
I then used WinSCP to upload the Freeblox RPM file in tmp folder and installed it following again the step by step installation guide and rebooted the machine.

Result, lost the 2 virtual interfaces. Ifconfig command shows the loopback interface only. IP Link command show eth0 and eth1 DOWN.

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ folder does not have config files for eth0-1 anymore.

I had to create new files named ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 and reboot the virtual machine to recover the interfaces.
0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

10/21/2018
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
Hi,
Please assign the IP Address manually and access the GUI and Press "Refresh" button in Dashboard page near Network status.

RRapetou wrote:
Well.... I'm having the same issue here....

Fresh install in VMWare ESXi R6.7. Installed Blox SBC following the installation guide step by step.
I was able to ssh, ping and consol in the virtual machine.
I then used WinSCP to upload the Freeblox RPM file in tmp folder and installed it following again the step by step installation guide and rebooted the machine.

Result, lost the 2 virtual interfaces. Ifconfig command shows the loopback interface only. IP Link command show eth0 and eth1 DOWN.

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ folder does not have config files for eth0-1 anymore.

I had to create new files named ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 and reboot the virtual machine to recover the interfaces.
0 link