Get help with installing and configuring Blox SBC

Freeblox UI install error Messages in this topic - RSS

dswindon
dswindon

12/1/2017
dswindon
dswindon
Hi All

I am trying to get going, I installed the ISO for BLOX. Configured the Internal and External IP address on each network card.
Ping works fine so I am comfortable that the install worked.

Then I install the FreeBlox UI interface, and it start and then seems to die, this is what is reported on the screen.

<--------Snip-------->

[root@localhost freeblox]# rpm -ivh freeblox-1.0.5-2.x86_64.rpm
warning: freeblox-1.0.5-2.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 85554669: NOKEY
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
Package pre running.. 1
1:freeblox ########################################### [100%]
Package post running.. 1
`/etc/freeblox_conf/DB/freeblox.db.default' -> `/var/tmp/freeblox.db.default.2009'
`/etc/freeblox_conf/DB/freeblox.db' -> `/var/tmp/freeblox.db.default.2009'
Error: near line 1: no such table: MEDIA_PORT_SETTINGS
MEDIA_PORT_SETTINGS have empty
Error: near line 2: no such table: MEDIA_PORT_SETTINGS
/usr/bin/updatehost BloXeSBC;
echo -n $(grep -w Port /etc/ssh/sshd_config | awk '{print $2}')

cp /etc/ssh/sshd_config_default /etc/ssh/sshd_config
sed -i.bak 's/port_val/ 22 /g' /etc/ssh/sshd_config
/etc/init.d/sshd stop; /etc/init.d/sshd start;chkconfig sshd on
Stopping sshd: [ OK ]
Starting sshd: [ OK ]
iptables -R INPUT_ACCESS_RULES 1 -p tcp --dport 22 -j DROP
iptables -R INPUT_ACCESS_RULES 1 -p tcp --dport 22 -j INPUT_FILTER
iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables
mv /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts//ifcfg-lo /tmp/
cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ && for iface in $(ls ifcfg-*|sed 's/^ifcfg-//'|sed 's/.cfg$//'); do ifdown $iface ;ip addr flush dev $iface; done
Device "External" does not exist.
<--------Snip End -------->

When it get to this point the Network interfaces become unavailable. My Putty looses connection.

I reinstalled twice from scratch to ensure it was not an ID10T error.

Looks like it is looking for something, I have not clue what to do.

Thanks for guidance please. BLOX was the version from the blox.org ISO (ISO Blox 1.0.4-8), was going to patch via the UI once that was up and running.
edited by dswindon on 12/1/2017
0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

12/3/2017
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
Hi,

Please check the version of Blox Installed by giving command

rpm -qa | grep blox
If the blox version is 1.0.4-8.x86_64 and freeblox version is freeblox-1.0.5-2.x86_64.rpm,

You need to upgrade your Blox machine to 1.0.5-2 version.

If you find the two freeblox version installed, kindly remove both version and install the latest version,
Command to remove the
freeblox rpm -e [freeblox version>]

Command to Install latest version
rpm -ivh [freeblox latest version>]
or
Command to upgrade latest version

rpm -Uvh [freeblox latest version]

Please assign the IP manually to blox using ifconfig, then login into GUI. In Dashboard, Click on the Refresh button in Network Status filed.
Then goto the Network -- Setting, and configure your network profiles.

Thanks
edited by varadhan on 12/3/2017
edited by varadhan on 12/3/2017
0 link
dswindon
dswindon

12/3/2017
dswindon
dswindon
Thanks for you feedback.

I am not an expert in Linux so find my way around referring to articles on google and from the Blox and FreeBlox sites.

I have not found a command after downloading the patch for blox from 1.0.4-8.x86_64 to 1.0.5-2 on how to apply it.
I downloaded the update and I am not sure how to "trigger" the patch before installing the new FreeBloX you mention above.

Perhaps you can assist with this simple command which will then push me forward.

Thanks in anticipation.
0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

12/3/2017
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
please contact us via skype: blox.support, we will guide you
0 link
jteitel
jteitel

12/7/2017
jteitel
jteitel
I am having the same problem. And I get an error when trying to assign IP address manually using ifconfig. See attached screenshot.

Jeff Teitel
jeff@teitel.net

Attachments:
blox.png
0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

12/7/2017
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
Hi,

Try with the command ifconfig eth0 [IPADDRESS] netmask [netmask]

jteitel wrote:
I am having the same problem. And I get an error when trying to assign IP address manually using ifconfig. See attached screenshot.

Jeff Teitel
jeff@teitel.net
0 link
jteitel
jteitel

12/8/2017
jteitel
jteitel
That did it. Thanks!

Jeff

bloxsupport1 wrote:
Hi,

Try with the command ifconfig eth0 [IPADDRESS] netmask [netmask]
0 link
markb
markb

12/17/2017
markb
markb
Hi All,
I've been wrestling with this problem ..interfaces config just disappearing when freeblox rpm is installed. Doing ifconfig eth0 and giving it an IP/mask allows me to get to the GUI but the interfaces were not appearing in network status. Updating blox didn't resolve the problem. After a lot of trial and error I've got a solution.

Firstly if you're building this VM in hyper-V you must install "legacy network adapters" NICs in my case I setup three, after the initialize they appear as eth0,eth1 and eth2.

I made a backup of ifcfg-ethX files then copied them back

mkdir /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/backup
cp /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/backup/ifcfg-eth0

cp /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/backup/ifcfg-eth0 /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

Now I refresh network status and the ethX NICs are there.
Thanks,
MB
0 link
CKO
CKO

12/18/2017
CKO
CKO
If you are using Blox ISO as an install, try using "system-config-network" command without arguments to manage the interfaces. For me it works just fine.
edited by CKO on 12/18/2017
0 link
quan.pt
quan.pt

1/17/2018
quan.pt
quan.pt
CKO wrote:
If you are using Blox ISO as an install, try using "system-config-network" command without arguments to manage the interfaces. For me it works just fine.
edited by CKO on 12/18/2017

Thank you so much CKO ! When I use your command I didn't got this error.
0 link
hmmartinez
hmmartinez

4/23/2019
hmmartinez
hmmartinez
Hi,

We are having this samproblem that is discussed in this topic (error when installing the FreeBlox GUI). The steps we have taken are the following:
- We have installed "Blox-1.0.6-24-stable-x86_64.iso" in a virtualized environment with VMware ESXi vSphere 6.0.0:

- We have configured 2 network (eth0 and eth1) with the "setup" command:

- When the server is booted, the network ports appear dropped:

- We execute ifdown eth0/eth1 and ifup eth0/eth1 and they are up:

- When rebooting, the nics are still in the UNKNOWN state and we have to do the ifdown / ifup again and so they are up and can be accessed by SSH:

- We have copied the file "freeblox-1.0.6-24.x86_64.rpm" in the virtual machine using SSH.
- We have run "rpm -ivh freeblox-1.0.6-24.x86_64.rpm":

- After installing, We can't access the server again by SSH.
- We have rebooted the server "reboot".
- When starting the server, I do not see any information from the two nics (eth0 and eth1). There aren't "ifcfg-eth0" or "ifcfg-eth1" files in the path "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/":

- Neither with the command "ip addr" nor with the other command "ifconfig -a" does any information appear (after installing the GUI (before if information appeared).
- With the command "setup" or "system-config-network" the information of both nics appears (but we don't know why this information isn't in ifcfg-ethX).
- If I execute the command "ifconfig eth0 [IPADDRESS] netmask [netmask]" if I add the IP and the netmask, but not the GW and I am not able to access it either or SSH nip or WEB (HTTPS / 443).
- The packages that are installed in blox are:

Why don't nics remain in UP state after reboots? Why are nics misconfigured after installing the GUI package? Why are the network configuration files deleted? What should we do to solve this problem?

Thanks & Regards
0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

4/23/2019
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
The reason for manually configured interface disappearing is freeblox tool clear and only configure according to what it founds in it configuration. since there is no configuration at initial time, the interface configuration getting removed.

run the freeblox install i.e "rpm -ivh freeblox-version.rpm" command in the console rather than running via ssh (remote), this will ensure the install script runs completely while re-configuring interfaces.

After installing freeblox assign manually IP address for blox, login to GUI, configure the interfaces via network settings. To detect the currently available network interface you can make use of the network refresh button (in dashboard). Once this setup is done, interface will be stable and controlled by Freeblox tool.
refer:
http://forum.blox.org/topic89-network-card-invisible.aspx
0 link
hmmartinez
hmmartinez

4/24/2019
hmmartinez
hmmartinez
The installation of the rpm has been made from the console (and not from SSH). The image shows the entire installation process (from the VMware console).

On the other hand, the GUI web interface can not be accessed because the IP does not respond (neither to ping, nor to the browser, or anything).
0 link
hmmartinez
hmmartinez

4/24/2019
hmmartinez
hmmartinez
If we assign manually IP address to eth0 (ipconfig eth0 IP netmask NETMASK), we can access (but only from a server that is in the same network, because Gateway isn't configured (how would you configure the GW manually?).

Once inside Freeblox GUI, if we access "Network - Interfaces - Settings" we try "Create Network Interface Profile" but it gives us an error since no "Device ID" can be selected.

0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

4/24/2019
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
This is already explained in previous post

After installing freeblox assign manually IP address for blox, login to GUI, configure the interfaces via network settings. To detect the currently available network interface you can make use of the network refresh button (in dashboard). Once this setup is done, interface will be stable and controlled by Freeblox tool.refer:http://forum.blox.org/topic89-network-card-invisible.aspx
0 link