HomeBLOX Support

Get help with installing and configuring Blox SBC

hostname setup... Messages in this topic - RSS

netsteller
netsteller

5/17/2017
netsteller
netsteller
Is there anywhere that I can setup the "hostname" for the Blox server? When I run the command "hostname" from the CLI it gives me the generic ISP name that includes the IP address. The reason I am wondering is when I "apply" settings it takes almost 5 minutes to complete. My guess is it's hanging on something like the network configuration because it doesn't have a good hostname? This is 5 minutes that the phone connections don't work. Is there any other reason why the apply settings would take so long. This machine is an 8 core with 16 GB of RAM. I am running the latest version of Blox.

I have entered the hostname in the GUI, but it doesn't seem to use it. What is the proper format for the hostname in the GUI? servername.domain.com?
edited by netsteller on 5/17/2017
0 link
Wayke91
Wayke91

5/18/2017
Wayke91
Wayke91
I just checked mine as I did not remember anything special about it. On the console, my hostname does return as expected. I did change it via GUI and it has stuck. Applying configuration changes for me only takes between 10-20 seconds. How are you getting your IP settings? Are they DHCP or static?
0 link
netsteller
netsteller

5/24/2017
netsteller
netsteller
We are using static IP addresses on all interfaces.

We ended up changing the hostname to match the external FQDN and removed a hypen in the name. This seems to have helped. We can apply settings in about 15-20 seconds which is much better than before.
0 link
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1

5/28/2017
bloxsupport1
bloxsupport1
while creating SIP domain for SIP Profile, can check bind host and verify ?
edited by bloxsupport1 on 5/28/2017
0 link